Friday, December 23, 2011

It's a Deliciously Alcoholic Christmas

This year's festive treats were more alcoholic than previously made...

Irish Car Bomb cake. I used a generic Devil's Food cake mix, replaced the water with Guinness beer, baked like normal. For the frosting, I found a recipe somewhere on Livejournal's bakebakebake community... Consisted of 1 stick of butter (room temperature), 3 cups of confectioner's sugar, approximately 3 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream, 1 Tablespoon Jameson Irish Whiskey.
Hopefully it will be as delicious as it was fun to make!

Next up is Josh's family's "secret recipe" for Jam Sticks. So I won't post that here, but imagine a sugar cookie on meth with blackberry jam. (Postponed until more powdered sugar is acquired...)

Finally is Bailey's Chocolate Chip Cookies. It was originally Mint Bailey's Chocolate Chip, but... I don't have mint Bailey's and I can't reasonably spend $25 on a bottle of Bailey's Mint for a batch of cookies I'm not even 100% sure will be good...

No comments:

Post a Comment