Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Showcasing!

Today I decided that since I haven't uploaded anything in a few days, that I would showcase a work that I admire.

This is a quilt made by my great grandmother around 2000 or 1999... For my birthday, this is what I got. At the time, I didn't really appreciate the time and effort that went into this.
I've used it off and on since I received it...

Let's see... If it was 1999-2000... That would make my great grandmother in her late 80s, early 90s. Handstitched, as I've never seen a sewing machine at her house.



But don't fret! I wasn't away doing nothing... Not in my nature, really...  Try not to, anyway!

I've been working on this. Got the original pattern from SpriteStitch. It was supposed to be a bookmark, but they looked too big to be a legit bookmark. Maybe if they were 1/3 or 1/4 the original size.

You can download the original PDF here!

No comments:

Post a Comment