Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How to Find Me

I'm always curious as to how people stumble upon this blog, outside of people who stalk me on Facebook. Or Twitter. Or Livejournal. Or whenever I happened to have forgotten I signed up...

The Referring Sites section always makes me giggle. I mean, it's usually Google or Ask...
But sometimes it's something like "gothise", which to me looks something like a ridiculous gothy wanna-be Facebook. And apparently I'm linked or someone's pretending to be me and parade my blog around. Which is fine, but it raises questions... Like who thinks it's a good idea to pretend to be me? I don't even like being me sometimes. And neither should you.
Or somewhere like "Rising Taste". Yeah, a fashion site. What? How am I linked to this? I am currently sitting in a hand-me-down "Evil Dead" t-shirt and jeans I have had for four years, to the point the crotch is almost non-existent...
Occasionally a swap partner from "Craftster" gets ballsy or curious or looking for ideas... But only occasionally.

 And then there's the keyword search. Always awesome. "Arkham Horror" alone brought in 44 people. I love Arkham Horror, cthulhu, H. P. Lovecraft... So this makes me smile. But how many times (with different phrasing) you can find my shitty Misty costume? Not so cool.
Also being known for "baby coffins" is not something I'd brag about. But that is an awesome magazine layout.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I've got the "gothise" thing on mine too... Have no idea what that is but fine by me if they want to refer people my way! :)

    Sarah
    lostinavalon @ SwapBot

    ReplyDelete