Saturday, April 2, 2011

The New Stuff

So my darling friend Komodo was being sweet and asked me "Have you made anything recently?" And I'm sure he was shocked at my response of "Actually, I have!"

Two entirely handstitched pillows.
One's even a basic quilt-y type, because I'd like to get a feel for what I'm doing before I go blundering through it.

First we have the fail-dino embroidery. With not dino-fleece, but repti-fleece. Because if I bought any more fabric, my box of fabric will explode and rebel.
This is the "I just pieced it together" picture. Right now it's inside out, getting the back sewn to it before I stuff it.

I will update with a picture of the pillow whenever it gets done. Probably tomorrow at work.

This, dolls, is a bloodstain.
It just really, really sucks.
I plan to have a bedroom theme of zombie-esque things.
This included.

Other things include this BIG ASS QUILT I will do in purple and green material. The back is the best part. I'm buying red fabric dye and a white sheet and making it look like blood-splatter and artillery spray and bloody handprints... All over the white sheet.

When combined with the purple/green/black top, the bloodstained sheet makes a perfect accessory to my insanity that will be my new room!

No comments:

Post a Comment