Friday, September 24, 2010

Musing

Why can't I make a good piece of design?!
This is like my 6 or 7th quarter and I design like a spastic freaking child. I have no design background. I hardly am a critic when it comes down to it. I was raised "If it's better than what you can do, it's good." And that's not always true. Sometimes things suck, even if I can't do better.
I'm struggling in a design school because they just assume you have the knowledge or the resources or the brains to figure it out.

I don't know what I'm doing. I feel like a two year old discovering a paintbrush. And then revisiting that paintbrush 20 years later with the same skill level. It's still fun, but damn you know you suck now.

Apparently I am a glutton for punishment. I know I can do this... I just need to learn. Unfortunately that means starting from square one... I need design books. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment